Re: [TenTec] some advice to help a blind ham

To: Arthur Trampler <atrampler@att.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] some advice to help a blind ham
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:09:41 -0500
One of my friends has lost his eyesight, and would like to get on HF
sideband.  He is very limited as to antennas due to living in an
apartment.  He is also limited as to funds.  I would like to get him
back on the air, but am not sure about which Ten Tec rigs, if any would
be suitable for this sort of work.  He is almost completely sightless,
so a rig would have to be usable in this situation.  The only spare rig
I have now is an Argonaut II, and there is apparently no voice board
options for it.  Can someone here give me some pointers on how to
proceed?  He is getting really bored with 2 meter and 440 MHz FM.

73,

Steve WA9JML