[TenTec] OT: two tone generation for SSB fault detection

To: TenTec list <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: two tone generation for SSB fault detection
From: Marinus Loewensteijn <zl2ml@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 02:54:47 +0000
I mentioned in an earlier posting in how to generate two tone on the cheap by
using the computer and DSSF software.

However I am not thrilled in attaching my expensive laptop to a rig,
escpecially when one relies for his living on the computer.

DSSF has an option to record for up to approx 10 minutes.  I enabled this
facility and generated 700 and 1900 Hz test tones. Later I cut an audio CD
which I then played on a portable CD player which did feed the microphone
input. Worked like a charm and with an oscilloscope the problem was quickly
resolved.

73, Marinus, ZL2ML