Re: [TenTec] Oll firmware upgrade instructions.

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oll firmware upgrade instructions.
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:55:08 -0500
As a practical matter, if your laptop has a COM (serial) port, the port will
almost certainly be designated COM1.  The serial port will be a 9-pin male
connector, normally on the back of the laptop.  If you do not have such a
port then you will need to use a USB-to-COM adapter.  I believe you can
purchase one of these at Best Buy, or some similar store.  Once you install
this device it will probably default to COM1.

You could check all of this by looking at the XP Device Manager window.  Get
to it via Control Panel > System > Device Manager.  If you have any COM
ports they will be listed under Device Manager.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics