[TenTec] Successful Upgrade of Old Jupiter

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Successful Upgrade of Old Jupiter
From: wo8l@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:13:58 -0400
Hi,

I finished the upgrade of my 2001 Jupiter today with no problems.? The PLD
change went smoothly and then the new chip from Ten Tec went in easily.? I
found the instructions clear and accurate.

Above a certain S-level, the decoder works well.? The only glitch this weekend
was the RTTY contest, which would have been tough to handle on CW in any case.

Anyway, I am satisfied very much with the upgrade.?

I am saving money for a new OMNI VII or a used original Orion.? Don't know
which is the better buy, but I'm sure people on this board have an opinion and
I'd be interesting in knowing your views.

Could not make it to the Ten Tec Hamfest this weekend due to lots of rain here
in North Carolina and a tight work schedule.? Next year again, for sure when I
pick up that new OMNI VII.

73s,

Rick
WO8L