Re: [TenTec] SSB operators Omni-VII, Jupiter, Orion's

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SSB operators Omni-VII, Jupiter, Orion's
From: charles Lewis <s9ss160m@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
Scott,

I'm running an ORION I that I bought from you guys at last year's Ten-Tec
hamfest.  I'm using a 30 years old Shure 444 type microphone, but I plan to get
something much better when I can decide what.  I use no external processing.  I
never use the built-in processing because it sounds bad to me at any useful
setting.  I have the TX EQ set to -15 dB to keep the 444 from sounding too
muddy.

I love the receiver and CW operation aspects of the ORION.   I surely wish I
had had it at S9SS, especially for 160M CW.

I enjoyed the '08 hamfest and my second tour of the factory.  SEDCO was fun
also.

73,
Charles Lewis - KY4P
ex S9SS, SV0LM, S92SS, A22AA,  etc.
(Now very happily retired in the NC mountains in Ashe County after 19 years
overseas with VOA)