[TenTec] Omni VI+ LP filter board

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ LP filter board
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:39:42 -0500
I have an Omni VI+ that has transmitter issues.  No power out and will
not load up beyond a couple of amps Ic.  The receiver works perfectly.
It has made one trip to Ten-Tec and came back working but failed again
after only a couple of weeks of use.  The TT service guys believe the
rig is a static discharge victim and have told me it is not economically
repairable so I'm on my own with this one.  They have advised that based
on symptoms I report,  the problem could be with the diodes on the LP
Filter board.   I'm looking for tips and suggestions as to the best way
to access the LP Filter board for troubleshooting / repair.  Does the
entire PA / LP filter board "cage" come out as a unit or is there
another way to get to the board.  It looks like a real challenge but I'm
guessing I'm missing something.

Doug, W9PN
Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.