[TenTec] Keyboard for Jupiter

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Keyboard for Jupiter
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:32:35 -0500
I recently updated my Jupiter to send CW with a keyboard and also display
the received CW on the screen.  I wanted to get another keyboard so I did
not have to steal one from a PC.  I checked Wal-Mart and they wanted about
$20.  I have a Circuit City and Best Buy near by so I thought I would check
the internet to see what each store had.  Circuit City showed one for $9.99.
So I jumped into my golf cart and went to the store.  I could not find the
$9.99.  I went to the computer guru desk and inquired if they had any of the
$9.99 keyboards I saw on the web.  The gentleman typed some info into his
terminal and then went with me to the keyboard section and he grabbed 2
different keyboards and went back to verify the price.  The NEXXTECH
keyboard was $3.96!  I had to add the USB to PS2 connector which I had in
the junk box.  It works great with my Jupiter.  It is a plain Jane keyboard,
but it works.  Good luck to others in finding one.

73,

John