Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 tuned input

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 tuned input
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:08:00 -0800
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:36:53 -0500, Gary Smith wrote:

>Any easy way of adjusting the tuned input of my 425? My Omni shows a
>1:2 swr on 80M when running the amp. With the amp in standby as the
>well as off, the Omni shows a 1:1 to the antenna. The SWR meter on
>the Titan shows 1:1 under power.

>So it seems as if the 80M input might need to be polished up a bit.

>Suggestions?

Yes. Don't worry about it. My three Titan 425s drive to full power with
50 watts, and any modern 100W transceiver is reasonably happy with a 2:1
match at that power level. I typically drive them with 30 watts and get
1200 watts out. If you need more than 50 watts to get legal power the
tubes are probably shot (or your wattmeter is broke). :)

73,

Jim K9YC