Re: [TenTec] CW Skimmer

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Skimmer
From: "JT Croteau" <jt.n1ese@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:02:24 -0500
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net> wrote:
> Actually, it's $826 plus about $30 shipping since we don't have to pay the
> VAT...it gets deducted when you go through checkout.

Yup, that's a great savings.

I wonder how far off we are from seeing more full SDR transceivers.
I've used the Softrock TXRX but it's a toy and the SDR5000 is nice
except for the price tag.  I've also been watching TAPR's HPSDR
project and have once or twice considered taking the plunge to start
experimenting with these modules.

There are definitely some cool toys out there for computer geeks like
me who are also hams.

However, we are now venturing way off-topic I'm afraid.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE