Re: [TenTec] Orion and O II Firmware Update?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and O II Firmware Update?
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:23:30 +0000
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson
<gsm@mendelson.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 09:39:58PM +0000, Barry N1EU wrote:
>>Rick, I think you have some good points in there but I honestly don't
>>get the thrust of what you're saying - that Ten-Tec has a more mature
>>system of control over change release because they don't release
>>changes?  That Elecraft is eventually going to drive off a cliff
>>because they release successful changes at a rapid pace?
>
> There is always a trade off on testing. Test too little and you have too many
> bugs, e.g. Windows Vista. Test too long, and you end up with a product
> has few bugs, but it lacks features that customers currently want. e.g.
> Windows XP (currently).

Okay, let's wait till the end of this beta cycle of many moons and
then judge the product.

I only suggest that neither of you may know what goes on behind the
scenes in either case.  Your fundamental assumption of intentionality
itself is questionable.

73,
Barry N1EU