Re: [TenTec] OT Florescent Ballast's

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Florescent Ballast's
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:45:32 -0600
Keep in mind that "some" electronic ballasts are allowed higher RF emissions.
My former company built a multi-million dollar training facility and found out
that none of the RF based wireless remotes used for slide projectors and other
similar devices (VHF pagers) would work in the building.  I was called in to
figure out the problem and determined the lighting circuits (and the ballasts)
were radiating between 150 MHz and 500 MHz but were within the FCC limits for
that class device. The ballast manufacturer and supplier provided the
replacement projectors and remotes rather than fix the problem.

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705