[TenTec] Time Sharing Radio Access?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Time Sharing Radio Access?
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 05:22:19 -0800 (PST)
I see the entrepreneurial spirit rising here... For anyone thinking of starting
a small business be very careful of running afoul of the Justice Department...
The federal regs are crystal clear about charging for the use of ham
frequencies - thou shalt not...  This is just the sort of absolutely minor
technical violation of federal law that prosecutors live to jam folks up for...

Now having mentioned that - let me say that getting a group together
to construct a remote control station is an absolutely great project for those
who live where they cannot have a station...  Just a few years ago this was the
sort of thing that only some well-to-do techy geek could pull off....
Today it is off the shelf...  For example, the Omni 7 is designed for exactly
this type of service - hint, hint...
There is an article in this months QST on using the remote computer control
present in all current versions of WINDOWS - primarily mentioned  XP and Vista,
but also present in older Windows...
I see ads in the magazines for computer control software aimed for remote
station control... And some folks posting on contesting.com are in that
very software business...
Many of the high end antenna rotators are designed for digital control...
Some of the high end amplifiers also...
All it requires is the will to do it and the energy to find other folks and put
it together... The hardware and software already exists...

denny / k8do