Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Opt-3 gaining power out

To: n3jbh@yahoo.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Opt-3 gaining power out
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:15:54 -1000
Hi Jeff,
>  The day the internal meter started showing me 60 watts is the same time the
> external meters started showing me 125 watts, The rig use to show around 98
> watts all the time. Any idea whatʼs up?

Are you sure the load has not changed? Different power readings from
meters at different distances from the load is a clue that there may be
standing waves. Do you get the same indications using a reliable 50 ohm
non-inductive termination. Make sure all of the cables you are using are
still good, and check it out with a quality termination.

DE N6KB