Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind
From: shristov <shristov@ptt.rs>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:20:08 +0100
DE N6KB
>  I have never encontered a condition with both rx on same
> freq, not to say it could not happen if both were general coverage . But I
> think it has to do with mathematical resolution limits in the two
> synthesizers . They are "phase locked" in that both start from the same TCXO
> but the schemes are different.

It's worse than that.
There are TWO independent frequency references.

The obvious one is the TCXO, and the other one is the codec clock.
The ways they are combined in the main RX and in the sub RX are quite different,
which causes the observed frequency differences.

There is no practical way to calibrate this out permanently.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA