Re: [TenTec] Orion1 firmware enhancements

To: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion1 firmware enhancements
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:06:18 -0600
Only time and firmware installation and use in the field will tell.

We've all complained about firmware being released with "bugs".  Comments
like, "they should have found that" were noted to abound.  Well, now it is
time to wait for a round of testing.  Hopefully to find all those remaining
bugs and exterminate them.  However, when it's released, I'd expect to here
that such and such feature or enhancement wasn't included or such and such
function or operation was messed up in the latest release.

Be patient and see what's offered.  Remember, firmware isn't really firm
because it can be changed at a later date.

And yes, I'm waiting on several enhancements and new features for the Omni
VII to be released too.  I figure that release is several months away at
best.  Patience preservers.

73
Bob, K4TAX