[TenTec] FS: Orion-I and spare parts deal

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Orion-I and spare parts deal
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:24:14 -0500
I have for sale an Orion-I with automatic antenna tuner, optional 1.8 KHz,
INRAD 600 Hz and 250 Hz roofing filters, 302R remote encoder/keypad, 963 12V
power supply, spare connectors and fuse, manual, box. Has the cool new
rubber rings on all three VFO knobs (the old rings are included, too.)
Updated in 2006 by factory, including V2 mod. V1.373b5 currently installed,
but will install V2 if buyer desires. Excellent operating condition. $2,100
plus shipping CONUS. Will deduct $80 if power supply not desired.

If you like to repair your own rigs, here's a deal: I have a second Orion-I
that was lightning damaged and declared "unrepairable" by TenTec. Surge
entered via RS-232 port, and fried the RS-232 level converter and CPU.
Something in the power input stage on the I/O board is fried as well. The
T/R relay is missing from the I/O board, but have a brand-new spare that's
included. The IF Converter board has a spur and is missing the ALC trim pot.
Remaining boards are probably OK, but can't guarantee. All boards have been
pulled from the rig except the CPU/LCD board. Not likely this rig can be
fixed, and TenTec may not sell replacement boards for this purpose. But it's
a great spare-parts depot for the right buyer. Even if the boards aren't
reliable, they can be used for testing. The switches, rotary encoders,
knobs, LCD screen, meter, connectors, cables, chassis, covers and many other
parts are fine. Not only that, it has a complete set of optional filters:
INRAD 600 Hz, 500Hz and 250Hz. No antenna tuner. $375 plus shipping CONUS
for buyer of above radio, $475 plus shipping if bought separately. The
optional filters alone are worth a good portion of the price. Save $25 and
lots of shipping cost: will pull the front panel and ship with boards if
chassis and covers are not desired.

73, Dick WC1M