Re: [TenTec] Omni V Low Output Problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V Low Output Problem
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:24:33 -1000
> I also removed connector 79 feeding the PA unit and cleaned the connector. I
> also notice when 79 is not connected there is no output at all, so to me it
> appears that there is Low level signal reaching the PA but the PA is not
> working.
I don't think this is enough information to make that conclusion. How do
you know that the low level drive is not too low? The PA could be
working fine, yet not have enough drive to put out full power. Maybe you
can get some information from Ten-Tec or another Omni V owner as to what
power, or RF voltage, is normal at the output of the low level driver.
Then with a scope or power meter you could determine whether the PA is
getting normal drive. If the drive to the PA is normal, then you could
reasonably conclude the PA is not working.

DE N6KB