Re: [TenTec] OT

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT
From: "Roger Hughes" <roger.h@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:55:14 -0600
I agree on battery. I have a rectangular 12v battery.It weights 110 lb. It
was part of industrial ups. There were several battries hooked up together.
They go by hours which is marked on the batteries. Good or bad, when it hits
those hours, it is replaced. This Ham works there and got 30 each for free.
He sold them for $30 bucks a piece. What a deal. Ran last yrs FD on Argo 5
and Another also hooked up Jupiter and was ran abt 16 hrs at abt 80 watts on
same battery. It was down abt 1.4 volts. the last reading the plant took was
12.89vdc on 10/01/07. listed in print it says: 134.8 AH, 475 WPC, IEC rating
120.3 AH. Float charge 13.5-13.8. I need just 1 more.I built a small wooden
cart with wheels to get it around. I put on my power grid in shack just
before small ups I have to energize it from time to time. Also Walmart has a
charger for $17.50 to a/c outlet. But 110 lbs.What a deal. It saved the
company a bunch of money because they pay a company to pick up as hazardous
waste products. Anyway my club tries not to use generators if possible on FD
you get more points for battery operation. I've rambled enough. I hope I
helped. w4iv Roger, Music City, Tn.----- Original Message -----