Re: [TenTec] g5rv antenna

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] g5rv antenna
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:50:42 +0000 (UTC)

Unless, of course, you live on a small 25' x 100' lot in a town with 35' max
height restrictions  as I do. No I have never used a G5RV, but there are
reasons so many try them. They do work after a fashion as do many verticals and
random-length wires. It is amazing to me also that so many are so passionate
about antennas, but it is also refreshing that we can read so much, both
accurate and questionable, from such a varied group of hams as we have on this
reflector. If I get tired of it, I can always use the 'Delete' button. Thanks
to all who bring their knowledge and/or opinions to this round table. Oh, yeah,
I put up the longest wire I could and fed it in the middle with ladder line.
It's tuned by a Palstar AT5K. Is it a great antenna? No, but it works.

Dave

WA3MKB