Re: [TenTec] Ig drift on Titan 425

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ig drift on Titan 425
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:44:34 -0800
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:20:04 -0500, Gary Smith wrote:

>I believe I have the opposite situation; In a key down state with
>high output, the IG drifts downward. After a brief moment of no key
>down, when I transmit, the Ig is so high that the meter will pin or
>if not pin, the overdrive light is bright. At lower input/output, IE;
>800W out, the drift is minimal.

Are you using AGC to control the drive level?  You should NOT do that.
Ten Tec makes a point of this in their manual. ALWAYS set the drive
level using the power output control of the transceiver that drives it.
If you use ALC, use it ONLY as fall-back protection in the event that
something goes wrong.

73,

Jim K9YC