Re: [TenTec] update speed for new o2 software

To: Neil Barrowman <neil.barrowman@ntlworld.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] update speed for new o2 software
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:14:28 -0600
Absolutely, others have had a quicker download of the new software than
10 hours, as will be shown if you peruse the archives of this discussion.

Most of the problems seem to be using the wrong com port, having other
processor conflicts, or other interface problems.
Likely, if you outline the exact machine and ports you have, someone
expert in the I/O considerations, can lead you through the process.  And
likely, you need to turn off things running in the background, other
applications, etc. for full attention of the machine to be devoted to
the process.  In a 10 hour effort, I would be concerned you have a
corrupted download.  It should not take nearly that long.
I would trust an XP machine more than Vista, but this is based on
observation of a lot of persons posting to ham radio web sites with
Vista problems.  I am not a software person, in fact HATE all software
as a necessary evil! ;-)
-Stuart
K5KVH