Re: [TenTec] Argosy I issues as well as Argosy II issues

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy I issues as well as Argosy II issues
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:04:35 +0000
Mike,

At the risk of stating the obvious, the Argosy II fault would seem to be
somewhere in the Tx chain that is unique to 80m. That doesn't leave a lot:

Heterodyne Oscillator Xtal
Bandpass filter
PA LPF

The PA LPF doesn't seem likely because you're not seeing much PA
current. Can't be the Heterodyne Oscillator BPF because that is also
used on 15m. Just possible the heterodyne oscillator transistor is
faulty and doesn't like the "activity" of the  7.5 MHz 80m crystal.

73,
Steve G3TXQ