Re: [TenTec] mic for OII - Goldline modification

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mic for OII - Goldline modification
From: "Stephen M. Shearer" <wb3lgc@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:39:30 -0400
John,

I am using (in addition to a Heil DX Headset) a Heil Goldline with the wide
element and the DX element.  I allows me to switch for a DX voice punch.
I did have to modify the Goldline to work with the O2.  I removed the
element ground from inside the mike connector (easy).  When the cable
connector finally wore the paint off the mike and made contact, the grounds
were not compatible.  Works great.
73, Steve WB3LGC