Re: [TenTec] Differences between 565 and 566?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Differences between 565 and 566?
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:21:14 -0700
A few other things that come to mind -

1.The audio board A15 is different - now has separate IC's for headphone and
speaker. Also added a extra headphone RF filter- the IC is much worse than
the old 565 for RF on phone leads - but fiklter fixes that.
2.The hardware noise blanker is now discrete instead of the unobtanium
blanker IC in the 565.
3.The power amp now uses FET drivers instead of bipolars.
4. The 15/17 meter LPF has poles added - (that may have been done in later
565's - but is NOT like the web site pdf LPF schematic for either the 565 or
566.)
5. They eliminated the extra IF stage for the 250 hz filter (now use a lower
loss 300 hz filter in the 566 ) Elimination of that extra stage supposed to
have helped dynamic range with the narrow filter - might be  my imagination
, but I use the 300 hz filter almost all the time - I seldom used the 250 hz
in my 565.I have no measurements to substantiate that , just know how it
sounds.
6. Couple of minor resistor changes on the 81936 5 volts supply board.(as
well as capacitors - on later 566's)

Probably others - but those pop into my mind --

Hank K7HP