[TenTec] AGC Settings

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] AGC Settings
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 22:03:56 +0100
William,
    The following are my settings.

RX:   (Slow AGC Setting)       Might set Sub Receiver the same as Main RX
for all AGC settings
Sweep Range 72 kHz
Main AGC: Hang 00.21 S
[Slow] Decay   10 dB/S
Threshold 01.00 uV

Sub AGC: Hang 00.00
SDecay 40 dB/s
Threshold 01.00 uV
PBT Track OFF
BW Track OFF
Main RX Sql    -127 dBm
Sub RX Sql   -127 dBm
PBT/BW  Step    10 Hz
AGC Slope Flat

(Medium AGC Setting:)
Main AGC: Hang 00.17 S
[Med} Decay   40 dB/S
Threshold 01.00 uV

(Fast AGC Setting:)
Main AGC Hang   00.04 S
[Fast] Decay 80 dB/S
Threshold 01.00 uV

(Prog AGC Setting:)
Main AGC Hang 00.30 S
[Prog] Decay 21 dB/S
Threshold  04.85 uV

These settings were posted by another of our group on a previous date and I
have used them for some time and continue to use them with the latest Beta
version firmware.

I use RF AGC and can find no reason for the AF AGC - perhaps I am missing
something.   There has been precious little discussion of this issue that I
have seen.   Some of our number have not been happy with the AGC currently
in use and hanker back to an earlier release used on the original Orion.
They may be right?   I must say the NR works on SSB for me.   I also own a
K3 which is another fine radio but even on their reflector some despair of
the NR performance.   I like both radios and both have advantages.  We live
in good times.

             73 Doug EI2CN