Re: [TenTec] Jupiter and 33 foot vertical.

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter and 33 foot vertical.
From: "Aaron Lamb" <wm.aaron.lamb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 12:05:25 -0400
Well I don't have a Jupiter with the internal ATU but I will share this
tidbit.  Having the tuner at (or really close to) the feed point of the
antenna is going to give you the most efficiency regardless of what tuner
you use. Moving the tuner into the shack will present a higher loss in the
coax.   Not sure why you feel the need to get another tuner if the current
setup works fine.  I don't think the LDG is a remote tuner either.

Upgrade to the Jupiter and plug it in and start having fun :)

Aaron
KD4GSL