Re: [TenTec] TT and the rest of us

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT and the rest of us
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 01:03:44 -0400 (EDT)
An interesting rant Charlie ... Especially as you
are waiting for Yaesu to FINALLY address the known
problems of your FT9K ... How long before they have
it back to you? And weren't you complaining about it
not that long ago as to *IF* they would include yours
as you are outside the USA? I recall your sour grapes.
Did they agree to pickup all the shipping $$$ for you?

And how will it compare to the real top tier radios by
today's standards? Using the technology from the FT2K
<and it's low reputation> to try and patch up the FT9K
platform is well, interesting, if not desperate really!

I don't recall any TenTec rig/platform ever requiring a
DEFECTIVE PRODUCT RECALL program, hidden of course under
the marketing label as a "PEP" ... really slick there.

Now, let's see what they do about the many more FT2K
owners who thought they were purchasing a platform that
had diversity receive and roofing filters that actually
worked as advertised ... I am sorry Charlie, when did
you say those problems will be corrected? "What problems"
has been Yaesu's response to date on that platform ...

Is Yaesu not capable of this "because that is all that
they can do"?

SMILE

BTW, that internal antenna tuner does not do one much
good if one is using an amplifer now does it? What?

They might just have a need for ... oh I don't know,
perhaps a legal limit tuner AFTER their amp ... What?

I forgot, what are the NEW HF products from Yaesu this
year? They are still to "fix" the FT9K, which was, IIRC
announced at Dayton last year ... and still very much in
denial about the FT2K's receiver's lack of performance.

Is Yaesu not capable of this "because that is all that
they can do"?

Check out their firmware revision history as to what can
happen when you release things without testing ... as in
the two updates in the last week, the second to fix the
problems created by the first "update" which is still
trying to resolve DSP problems that have been there since
day one with that platform, and that would be about 2006.

Maybe Yaesu should try designing a speech processor ... B-)

Last time I checked TT's website, they are still looking
to fill the SW engineer position ... while many would love
to see more attention to firmware updates, that's rather
tough to do with an empty seat there at the moment. I'd
even bet TT management would like to see this done too.

So let's compare your FT9K before or after it's 'recall fixes'
with the present Omni VII or Orion II ... even with their own
known warts and wrinkles, and at a much lower price points.

Wonder where the FT9K might end up on many's folks list as
to the best value for their money today, and tomorrow ...

<And yes, we know you have a K3 too>.

73 de Billy, AA4NU