Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Advertising

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Advertising
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:58:46 -0400
I agree the current ads do little to sell the equipment.

I contacted TenTec about that recent ad which shows a graph over photos
of the gear.  I said it was ineffective at selling the radio, and that
no one would understand why the graph was there.   They said   "it shows
how clean the audio is... and I said,  "to whom?"      I think the whole
meaning is lost.    They said it was the graphical depiction of the 3d
stage IF output... or something like that...  Dah   wha?

I am a TT fan and think the ads are weak at best.   They should brag
about how good the rig is... good audio,   good receiver... easy menu
drive....  good looks...  easy ergonomics... all strong points -- and
the graph overlay does nothing to convey clean audio.

Just My take.