Re: [TenTec] Yaesu FT-1000D RF Compressor versus Ten-Tec 715 RF Clipper.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yaesu FT-1000D RF Compressor versus Ten-Tec 715 RF Clipper... not the same.
From: Walter Hopper <waltk5vv@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 07:51:44 -0500
*I don't usually get involved in Ten Tec debates.... but I must reveal my
findings related to the Ten Tec Model 715.  I must admit, that I was dubious
of the Ten Tec claims that were made concerning its performance.  I fully
expected to send it back after a 30 day trial*
**
*I have been around this sport since 1953 as a military operator, and this
old coot is tight with his wallet.... so I don't make needless
expenditures.  However, bottom line...  It will take a "railroad wrecking
bar" to pry mine off my operating desk.  You guys can say all you want to,
why it is unnecessary, but my findings are: I get a 10 db gain when I kick
in the 715.  Ten Tec is conservative with their specifications.  If you want
witnesses... I can give you those also.*
*I don't even fire up the Titan II anymore.  The Jupiter, along with a
Metron MA1000 500 watt amp, is all I need to bust the toughest pileups.
Incidentally, as a DX'er, I have them all confirmed, and as soon as ARRL
confirms my 7O card, I will have Honor Roll #1  made.  Admittedly, I have
been a Ten Tec fan for many years.... going back to the PM2-B.*
**
*My hat is off to you guys in Sevierville.  We appreciate the American jobs
also. *
**
*Walter Hopper K5VV*