Re: [TenTec] PTO Backlash help needed

To: wa3fiy@radioadv.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO Backlash help needed
From: Tom NØJMY <n0jmy@hayseedhamfest.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 20:34:19 -0500
Thank you very much, Lee.  That gives me some things to think about.
I've accumulated four of these rigs and have finally decided to spiff
them up.  So far I've removed three of the PTO's and have found none
with felt washers yet, though the PTO rebuild instructions do mention
them (possibly on other models I suppose).  There's sure no reason not
to try them on a C-21, though.  I'll give that a shot.

As you said, adjusting the bearing plate on the back, hasn't yielded
much, backlash-wise.

I'm curious as to how that "backlash rod" functions, in fact, just what
its function is.  I'm intrigued especially about the purpose of the
little wedge shaped piece that rides on the rod and butts up against the
pistol.  Maybe you might enlighten me?

I agree with your comparison between the C-21 and my other favorite, the
HW-16.  In fact, one of these Centuries is traded for some HW-16's.

Entertaining and informative, indeed!  Someone must have hijacked my
call again.

73,
Tom NØJMY .   .

Hayseed Hamfest Co. - Multi-section Can Capacitors
for vintage Heathkit, Drake, Halli, Hammy, more...
www.hayseedhamfest.com