[TenTec] unstable Omni D display fix-problem found

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] unstable Omni D display fix-problem found
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 13:11:34 -0400
Gang!

After a few days of head pounding, I have the omni D running

That's the good news. Bad news was the cost of the repair.

After checking out the ins and outs, the only thing left was the
counter on a chip IC

Lucky for me the Century 21 digital uses the same chip. Swapped out
the IC and whoa! that was the problem

bad news!

Ten Tec is the only source for this part, and they only have a handful
left.

$110 for the chip

ouch...but the radio is now working and I am on ten meters with it
working stations

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced