Re: [TenTec] Omni VI problems

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI problems
From: "David & Chris Drake" <drakes@psci.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:08:56 -0400
Thanks Geoff,
No Geoff, thats the first thing I thought of.  I unhooked the cable at the
back of the radio and the computer as well.  Same problem.  Since this was
my first experience trying to use computer logging and minor control, I was
concerned that cabling direct may not be the best way to connect.  More than
one ham said that connection was fine, as well as the software guru's.  Plus
the manual clearly indicates direct connection to the DB25, but not to the
small mini plug serial port (need a level converter there per the manual).
So.....I have isolated this problem to the radio alone, since it manefests
itself with both the 961 and the RS35 and everything in the house shut down.
David