Re: [TenTec] Orion II AF AGC

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II AF AGC
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:51:05 -0700
The level on the AF AGC is lower than the RF AGC in the headphones.  That
was due to a complaint that there was a very large difference in levels
between the headphone and speakers.  If you were listening to the headphones
at a comfortable level then unplugged them, the speaker would blast you out
of the room!  The new version boosts the level on the phones, but only on
the RF AGC setting.

Also, when you use the noise reduction, there is some sort of level
disparity that will hopefully be addressed when the final version of the
firmware is released.

           Ron  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com