[TenTec] That pin in the Ten-Tec PTO.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] That pin in the Ten-Tec PTO.
From: Tom NØJMY <n0jmy@hayseedhamfest.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:17:23 -0500
I've read somewhere that some folks think that re-inserting the roll pin
in the core drive-rod is the toughest part of the PTO rebuild job.  The
way I've done it is pretty easy.

After getting the pin "started", I take an small  "C" clamp, position
the stationary jaw under the core drive-rod and the moving jaw above the
tip of the pin.  Then, just slowly tighten the clamp and it will press
the roll pin down into place.  If you do this, be sure to put some felt
in-between the stationary jaw and the drive-rod to keep from marring it.

I don't know where I got the "C" clamp but it's an el cheapo and the
jaws only open to about 1-1/2" or 2".  Of course, that doesn't matter,
just as long as they close, hi.

73,
Tom