Re: [TenTec] ALC - How does it work ?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ALC - How does it work ?
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:39:22 -0500
After using various TenTec radios for more than 30 years, I consider the
Ten-Tec ALC to be an Automatic output LIMIT Control; that is, one may use  the
ALC to set the output limit from 5 Watts to 100 Watts, with the Mic Gain or
Drive used to achieve output to the Limit set by the ALC.

In the case of PSK-31, I set the ALC so that the transmit signal could go to
100 Watts but limit it to 30 Watts with the Drive (MIC gain) when driven by the
sound card output of 50% or less. In this case the ALC light never goes on
during PSK-31 transmissions.

73,

Gary - AB9M