Re: [TenTec] OT (that is Off Topic and Old Timers) BC-610

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT (that is Off Topic and Old Timers) BC-610
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:24:09 -0600
On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 16:23 -0700, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> BC 610 is that a Collins amp?

Hallicrafters, essentially an HT-4 ruggedized.
Film at: http://www.archive.org/details/VoiceofV1944 There are two
parts.

The main contributions from Collins in WW2 were the ARC-2 and ART-13.
The ART-13 covered LF and HF, PA an 813 modulated by a pair of 811. It
had ten mechanical presets that could be anywhere in its range.

> I forget, thats been too many years ago.  Did that have 2 833's?  I never got
> to see the inside of one.  Did it have a 4-1000 final or am I thinking about
> the Henry amp?

250th modulated by 100th, I think.

> Not the change the subject but does any one remember the TBK the transmitter?
>  I use to have one of those and salvaged it out.  My dad help me of course.
>

> Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.  Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

73, Jerry, K0CQ