Re: [TenTec] First TenTec QRP rig

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] First TenTec QRP rig
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:55:03 -0500
  Willow Island is now a real US Island in the Ham Radio World.

Island activation worked out great and the Island is now qualified and is a
real US Island entity.
The TenTec 1340 worked out fantastically, matter of fact, I think the lawn
mower battery still has a full charge Hi Hi

I ended up cutting down and using two bamboo shoots tied together with twine.

I then strapped a 1/2 wave length of 12 AWG wire for 20 es 40  meters to that
and it played just fine even without a tuner.

Stood it up right next to the water and it was a blast.

Lots of barbeque and Dr Pepper. We even had a newly licensed Ham show up who
made his very first ever HF contact.

LOTS OF GREAT FELLOWSHIP :0)

Bob AD5VJ