Re: [TenTec] Another PTO rebuild question: Where does second pin go?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Another PTO rebuild question: Where does second pin go?
From: Andrew Moore <andrew.nv1b@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:42:43 -0400
Steve - it appears to be a pin that's used only for analog rigs with a dial
cord.

This makes sense, as the instructions say:

29. On analog rigs -- turn tuning shaft fully CCW. Install pin in shaft and
reinstall dial cord.

I think I just need to persuade the pin to go about 1 mm further and it
should be strong enough for an anchor point for the dial cord.  I expect any
questions will be answered by the dial cord kit instructions -- that project
will start as soon as I button up the PTO.

Thanks,
--Andrew