Re: [TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't
From: "Richards"<jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:44:13 +0000
I disagree.    With respect, I think Bill merely mentioned
why he does not consider the reviewer an accurate source.

As a retired lawyer and college debate coach, I feel it is an
appropriate aspect of any argument to consider the
reliability and expertise of the source, as long as it does
not become an "ad hominem" attack on the author, and
remains focused on why the source is inaccurate, or
unreliable, etc.

I felt Bills post stayed within that criterion.

I do, also, believe Mark's missive is helpful as a
strong reminder that we need to keep the discussion
within the bounds of fair debate on the issues, and not
devolve into attack on the author.

Just MY take.