[TenTec] OMNI VI Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Problem
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:11:57 EDT

N6KB is on the right road.
I had same problem on an OMNI V.
When I would transmit the reading on the OMNI was right on frequency but my
 frequency counter would indicate out of band transmit.
Got to the 5.0 5.5 board and found about 10 cold solder joints.
I tried again and SWR still high and frequency was still off.
With the board back in and radio powered up I poked on the board a few
times with a wooden stick.
Problem became responsive to the probing.
Took the board out again and soldered each connection under  magnification.
Problem never returned.
This is a TT problem on that board so if cleaning the connectors to the
board does not cure the problem all I can say is you are in for a lot of  fun
my friend.
Good luck and 73.
Dan/N4VET