Re: [TenTec] CW filter for Omni-VI+.... What model? 250Hz, 9MHz... LOW T

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW filter for Omni-VI+.... What model? 250Hz, 9MHz... LOW TONE CW!??
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:32:12 +0000 (UTC)

Just knowing the value of the capacitors is not enough. That would assume that
identical crystals were used in both the high-tone and the low-tone filters. We
cannot make that assumption. Therefore, the individual comparing the filters
would have to measure the crystals used for center frequency at least. At that
point, if the crystals were identical, we could continue the process of
measuring the capacitors necessary to pull their center frequency. As Jerry's
e-mail stated, that is not the purpose of the capacitors in this filter design.

Dave

WA3MKB