Re: [TenTec] modifying ten tec scout modules for different frequencys

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] modifying ten tec scout modules for different frequencys
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:39:37 -0400
I've never tried it, but had this grandiose idea of converting one to
the 60 meter band. Using crystal control, and ignoring the PTO, it
would basically be  crystal controlled and you would select the proper
"channel" with a small switch on the module. The PTO would not be used.

of course the pto signal would still be required, so I figured that
could be crystal based as well.

it was just an idea and I never dug into it any deeper. Hell,I don't
know if it would even be possible (for 60 meters) to do.

Mike, WB8VGE