[TenTec] Orion II display

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II display
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:45:27 EDT
Hi,

At the risk of starting yet anotherl flame-fest, I want to say something
favorable about the much-maligned Orion II display.

One day last week, I switched from the spectrum display to the  waterfall.
Y'know what?  The thing works!  Unlike the spectrum,  it's virtually
instantaneous, with audible signals taking less than a second to  show up on
the
screen.  It took a few days to get used to, but I find it  quite useful and
leave it on all the time.  If you're still using the  spectrum sweep display,
try it.  You'll like it.

My one request is for a selectable display bandwidth, similar to what was
available for the spectrum sweep with the old firmware.  I used to run  that
at 36 kHz rather than 72.  That's why I'm copying the factory on this
email.

73 Ray W2RS