[TenTec] weird thing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] weird thing
From: Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:38:14 -0500
Hi all...I have been chasing my tail on a problem relating to 160m....it
appears that when you have a rx ant selected some rf is getting into the
radio...if I turn the rf drive back to 2 watts , the amp will still put out
in excess of 1500 watts...if I deselect the rx ant, the out put of the rig
is solid and steady...torroids are used on all rx beverages...8 of them to
be exact...per beverage....but something is going on when the rx ant is
selected in the Orion, and it is directly related to being in line versus
out of line..any else experience this problem??

de Rick NQ4I