[TenTec] "Fix-It" TENTEC Green Tea Party

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Fix-It" TENTEC Green Tea Party
From: steve r <n8isaham@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:07:45 -0800 (PST)
I for one can only imagine that Ten Tec like other companies , will work on
issues once they get a understanding as to why there are problems.  Writing
code and debugging is a chore and a half.  It is not cost productive to do so
and at some point you have got to say well time to start over.

That being said. Look what Microsoft does with its own software and some of the
best code writers out there. You say win 98 is still good but it took a few
updates to get it good. then you had other platforms follow. and as one or two
show up guess what ( not productive to fix 98 anymore even if there are 100s of
1000s of people still using it. ) soon if not by now xp will be in the
same boat.

So when is it time to say its as good as its going to get. That is what we need
to here from Ten Tec , so we can say well this radio is now obsolete( so to
speak) I mean really any other older radio you buy that does not get software
upgrades is only as good as day 1 and thats it. ( not counting upgrades with
filters or hardware mods.)

TenTec should be proud of there flagship radio Orion 1 and 2 and should focus
on fixing bugs but as to what cost can we expect them to pay code writers to
continue fixing something that will not bring them money for time spent.

Word of mouth is what is worth the them.  TenTec is a great USA MADE product,

We all want something for as little cost as we can get. I want it for free ,
but not realistic.

So if we all really want the firmware fixed , I ask everyone who has an orion 1
or 2 to send in $5.00 to TEN TEC and put your letter togeather that ask for
fixes . and here is a donation to get it started if you accept this challenage,
if not please return the donation so that you can decide which version was best
for your radio and reinstall it. or sell the radio and buy a different one from
another company.

This could be like a TEN TEC Green Tea Party donation to get the firmware
fixes.

I love my Orion 1 radio and am very glad to have been able to afford it. I will
keep it for as long as it serves its purpose without agrivation.  When that
happens its out. and look at what others are saying is the next greatest radio
on other forums.

Keep it real and alive.
Wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving or what ever your Holiday may be.

73s

Steve N8IS