[TenTec] Centurion 422 Amp HV - 2800 V S/B 3100???

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion 422 Amp HV - 2800 V S/B 3100???
From: K0BX <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:28:07 +0000
Thank you all for the nice reply to my questions regarding the HV on the
Centurion.
Richard was nice enough to send me a photo of his 422B showing the 3100 V.

1.  I am using 230VAC in the shack.  It was just recently installed when
we had to get a new breaker box and 200 amp service installed.  The 230V
line was installed by a electrinican.
2.  While the PS could be the problem, I think it might be the meter
resistors that have changed value.
3.  I am still getting 1300 Watts ouput and no hum or anything like that.
4.  I am going to study the manual/diagream a bit more and the next time
I have to open the case on the Centurion I will do some voltage and
resistor test.
5.  The reason for the question in the first place was that 3 of us in
our DX club have the exact same 2800 V on our 422 amp.

Thank you again for  your suggestions as they were all good.

Joe K0BX
Top-Of-The-Honor Roll Mixed