[TenTec] Colliins SWR Bridge

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Colliins SWR Bridge
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 18:26:50 -0600 (CST)
Jerry,

You wrote: "Many a ham SWR meter is a very rough approximation of SWR and even
when
it shows matched, the impedance and reactance may be a ways from 50 ohms
resistive. Birds aren't bad, Collins wattmeters I think have a much
better design. But then I'm biased, I have one of their reject designs
(I worked with the department that did ham gear designs in 1963) and its
plenty good but not good enough for their specifications. There's a lot
more shielding in their better design to control stray couplings that
would make the readings wrong."

Does the 312B-4 include the better bridge design?

Thanks --

Keith
AC9S