Re: [TenTec] Narrow signal on 28.027620 MHz

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Narrow signal on 28.027620 MHz
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:15:26 -0500
Having this type of problem of my own more than once in the past, I first
isolated the problem by disconnecting the antenna. When the carrier did not
disappear, I disconnected everything connected to the rig -- but to no avail.

Then I shut down everything in the vicinity, FAX machine, typewriter, adding
machine, and anything else electronic. Still a carrier! My frustration was
evident until my wife moved the new baby monitor which had been moved into the
radio room. Carrier gone! I suggest looking at your surroundings.

In the past I've had interference from computer monitors and keyboards, which
were resolved only by replacements.

Good luck!!

de Phil - N8PS