Re: [TenTec] orion and computer control

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] orion and computer control
From: "John T. Fleming" <john@w3gqj.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:24:37 -0500
Steve,

I don't know what operating system you are using and what type of serial
port. If you are using a USB to serial adapter, go to device manager and
make sure you have the correct serial port. If it is USB to Serial, I find
that the port number changes depending on which USB port you are plugged
into. If you are running Windows 7, I had to get new Prolific drivers for
some programs to work even though other programs seemed to work OK. The
latest Prolific driver I found was dated 11-24-09. Good luck.

73,
John