Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 and WSPR

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 and WSPR
From: "Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" <peter@frenning.dk>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:29:46 +0100
Joseph Feustle skrev:
> Is anyone on the list using an Orion for WSPR? If so, I'd like to know what
> settings your are using. I have mine interfaced via a microHam microKeyer
> and just cannot get it to transmit.
>
> I have the same problem transmitting in PSK, but RTTY runs great through
> MMTTY.
>
> 73 Joe N8JF

I am, with great success, but using a SignaLink USB connected via the
AUX I/O connected on the back. Be aware of one undocumented gotcha -
there's 5V DC present on the Line Out pin, into an unprotected circuit
that can ruin your whole day.

This is probably not your problem though, you need to find out whether
keying (PTT) is working first of all, then check the audiolevel coming
from the interface.
Are you using WSPR 2? it has a greatly improved setup.

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent            **
** perspiration.                       **
**               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail: